Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rest In Peace, Yasmin Ahmad

I guess, by now, the whole nation already knew and were in grief of the death of the visionary film-maker, Yasmin Ahmad who passed away last night at 11.25pm. According to report, she died from massive bleeding in the brain.

When I first heard of the news, it was through my friend's blog and later, in Facebook. It was already around 3am, almost 4 hours from the time of her death. I was with my friends in mamak stall when it happened, therefore, I was not aware of it.

I remembered there was a screening of Talentime being held in USM where she was to attend the screening. I was tempted to attend the event, but did not, in the end due to certain factors. Had I knew that she was to depart from us at the prime of her life, I would defy all odds to get a glimpse of her.

http://www.fiff.ch/v2/images/galerie/43/1173783843_yasmin-ahmad.jpg

Many people associated her name with the award-winning movies such as Sepet, Gubra, Mukshin, and the latest, Talentime. But for me, it was through her touching Petronas advertisements that I most remembered her of. Her films and advertisements are often touching, real, and manage to capture the essence of racial harmony in Malaysia. A humble person, she will be missed dearly by her families, friends, and fans.

The passing of a seemingly healthy person shows that there's no guarantee in life. God can gives you all the comfort and wealth and health and God can also easily claims back His givings in an instant. Therefore, be thankful and always appreciate those around you and live life to the max. Life is nothing but a piece of glass on the edge of a table, waiting for something that shakes it off its balance and shatters into millions pieces.

4 comments:

manglish said...

a great loss hor.......next time no more touching adverts liao.....hu hu hu.......

CH said...

really unbelievable.....really miss her work...

Jacyn said...

Yeah..Really very sad and shocking..
She's one of the best Malaysian director in history..

KyuubiPandoraChan said...

I love her petronas ad. It was the most touching advertisement of all and I always anticipated it during Merdeka and CNY. She will be missed.