Thursday, September 3, 2009

Movie of the Day

This morning, I had a test on MAT 251, code for Operations Research. For the whole semester, I pretty much clueless about the subject. Even my body was in the lecture, my mind teleported itself to dreamland most of the time. So, for me, this subject is like one of those sure-die victims from Final Destination movies. Just a matter of how gory my death gonna be.

And speaking of death, after the cutthroat test, me and my coursemates went to Queensbay to watch, what else, The Final Destination. Originally was to go watch Laughing Gor but due to the conflict of time/space conundrum, we decided for Final Destination.

Final Destination 4 French Poster by philippe1978.

I remembered watching the first movie ways back when I was in my early teens, I think, and thought it was quite a nice flick but as more and more sequels kept chunking out, the death scenes became more and more creative what with the advancement of CGI and stuffs. So, we get more blood and guts and brains and whatever organs popping out in exchange for so-so actings and storylines. The first movie, plane crash. Second, highway crash. Third, roller coaster crash. Now, Nascar race crash, which is a cheat as Nascar and highway both involved cars.

Like any of the past movies in the series, Death has a unique ways of getting his claims. As if setting up those traps and freak accidents not enough trouble, he even gives the main character a gift, premonition of sort, where he get to see what weapons Death using and all, spicing things up. Maybe Death get the thrills from it, watching young people running around trying to save others.

Really, watching movies like these make you think lives are really fragile and there are just about anything can take your life away. However hard you may try, if Death really wants you on his table, you can't really do anything as there's no escape from Death. Shit! I kinda spoil the movie, didn't I? Aiyar, surely you know what to expect from a movie named Final Destination, right?

By the way, I think if you watch this movie in 3-D, it might be more fun. Though I watched it in normal cinema, I could see how those scenes will pop out from the screen and make it more enjoyable, which is very important as the movie really didn't offer anything new though I like the scene in the cinema where people get killed. I appreciate the humor the director had set up. And try notice the character names passing through in the credit. There's one named MILF and MILF's husband. Haha.

Oh yea, one thing does make me ponder. Why on earth you classify a movie 18 SG if you were to cut scenes where people curse? I mean, if you saw your friends/boyfriends/girlfriends die in some freakish ways, you won't say, "Oh, my, how gory." Of course it's " Fuck!/Son of the bitch!/Mother fucker!" It's the norm, people!

41 comments:

qifanG said...

yap,tis movie feel geli but sum look like very JIA ler...keke

[A]rSENE said...

shit...scene cutted again???

Auds said...

HEY !!! I just watched FD 4 with my coursemates and nw i'm reading this post...hahahaa

THANK GOD i din watch it in 3D man.....damn gory la the movie....

成亿 said...

chifang: yea lo, very fake the death scene...too much CGI d...

arsene: a bit here and there lo...those foul words editted off...

auds: gory yea, but scary, no...i was eating popcorn while watching the movie...XD

wk said...

yer....you watched d?! so fast la you...

I wanna watch oso...haha...we go watch 3D la...XD

Auds said...

u ate popcorn....i finished a whole big mac lunch set okaaay XD

yeala not dat scary....but the suspense was really killing me !!!

成亿 said...

wk: haha...u belanja bo?

auds: haha, i ate d ma, dat's y din tapao mcd inside cinema lo...miss d time wen v tapao twister to cinema eat...XD

wk said...

sweat...then I go watch normal geh better...=.=

成亿 said...

come la, 1/2 1/2 la...belanja me 1/2 enuf liao...v go watch 3D de...

meiling said...

yalo. nt tat scary oso lo but i still can heard gt ppl screaming le..donno who lai de lo..haha
next time go watch laughing gor la..

Ricky Emily said...

lol...the poster is in french...

成亿 said...

meiling: haha...who scream wo?????

kokmeng: we're international ma...heard of globalisation?

meiling said...

neh the ppl between u n me lo.but definitely not me lo.hahaha.u guess la.

kpy said...

How many more Final Destination movies are they gonna make??? o_o It's the same old thing right? Just how the poor souls are killed that's different, not meh?

Haha I remember you people stuffing Twisters into Aud's bag XD

Audrey: How do you eat a Big Mac in the dark? lols

Kenji said...

Ughhh! I never like that movie! ><

成亿 said...

meiling: ooo...him ah? haha

kpy: til Death took its life, i guess...haha, those were the days...

kenji: i'm taking you don't like horror movie???

Kris said...

AHAHAHA your review of this movie was sooo funny...I definitely cannot believe they put MILF as a credit, thats too crazy!! The cursing thing is also very true haha, wow i'm laughing really hard at people dying...woops better watch my karma :O

成亿 said...

haha...at least got people appreciate the humor in it...XD

i'm not too sure about the MILF as i didn't catch it in the credit but i definitely saw MILF's husband...surely MILF would appear as MILF's husband is even more of an extra than MILF...

as long you don't laugh in a real accident, karma is fine with it...doubt karma gonna punish you for laughing at CGI of people dying...

Auds said...

hahaha....those were the good old days....see...it IS useful to carry big handbags XD
My frens were asking me if it was my 1st time smuggling food into the cinema, i was like NO!! my ipoh buddies and i ALWAYS smuggle twisters into the cinema XD XD

Puiyee...its the same way we ate twisters in the dark cinema okaaayy...no diff....

meiling said...

nt him la.is a she.hahaha

成亿 said...

u sit d furthest end ah? i dunno ma...

Unknown said...

so is it nice or not?


[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

qifanG said...

tml:hoy,who scream thr hah???keke

wk said...

XD but I thought someone said never mind d de???

成亿 said...

auds: yea, how i miss those good old days...our next movie outing u beta bring big bag n v smuggle food like pirates...haha

jino: depends lo...if u don mind fake scenes n hv a strong appetite for organs and blood i guess u mite like it...XD

chifang: tak sangka lu jerit ah...

wk: ceh, last nite i reply dat time oso haven go gurney yet...now ma i pay myself lo if go watch 3D...want???

Pike-chan said...

Since the beginning of the FD series, it's too gore for my liking... watched the first n second, then i stopped.... horrible death, lolx

kpy said...

lol but Aud's bag IS super huge...it's only useful when we stuff food in haha XD Arrrr...ahoy matey! And why's the rum always gone???

Aud: But Big Mac's messier...I'll end up with vege all over my clothes lol

Kenji said...

Haha depends on the horror movie la... if it's those scare scare die die type, I won't like it! I like one with a good storyline... Gothica was OKAY!

wk said...

want..haha...if you can wait...when I get better first..XD

Unknown said...

haha kenji you are very good already. at least you dont vomit and faint when someone feed you horror movie.


[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

Auds said...

Puiyee....a big mac's definately not the kind of burger for u...since u cant eat it PROPERLY... =P

EH! i dont always bring SUPER HUGE HANDBAGS ok....it varries...=D

成亿 said...

pikey: the 1st 2 movies are still ok but once it reaches to the 3rd movie, it's pure gore fest...

kpy: which we did everytime we went to cinema...even if it's bulky, no one suspect anything...XD

kenji: horror movies with good storylines? definitely not those Hollywood movies as their main selling point are blood and more blood...even Asian horror movies are getting repetitive...

wk: but not when i'm going back ipoh la...rest well lor...

jino: what? you vomit and faint when watching horror movie???

auds: yea, your bags vary from big to medium big to super big...all in all, your bags are big!!!

wk said...

sure..lol..

manglish said...

ohhh yes, the 3D one is so much fun leh....like one scene something pop out during the car race one hahah everyone jerked :)

Pike-chan said...

Bought the tickets FD4.. but not 3D one.

qifanG said...

not me...i not scream anymore lar~~~cheap hohi jus make the sound eefect~~~

kpy said...

Auds: Eh mangkuk, there's no proper way to eat a Big Mac ler...*sigh* one beef patty always seems to end up severely shrunken compared to the other when I eat it. And vege ends up everywhere

Seng Aik: Indeed! People will only assume there's tons of junk inside the bag lol and we shall snap a pic of the insides filled with food next time ^_^

Auds said...

u 2 better not make fun of my SO NOT super huge handbags or else u can find UR OWN WAY of smuggling twisters into the cinema by URSELVES !!!!

成亿 said...

wk: when want watch that time call me la...XD

manglish: i can imagine that...as i was watching the normal one i kept thinking how those scenes were meant for 3D...by the way, you're back in japan?

pikey: enjoys the movie then...

chifang: haha, sound effect...

kpy: yea, evidences of illegal smuggling...

auds: we're not making fun of your SUPER HUGE bag but was complimenting of its functionality...XD

wk said...

好!一定会call的,=D

Anonymous said...

Louis Vuitton pas cher [url=http://www.vuittonsacspeedy.fr]Louis Vuitton pas cher[/url] vbpziu [url=http://www.louisvuittonpascher2.fr]sac Louis Vuitton[/url] lpmhbp