Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still


Yesterday, I watched The Day The Earth Stood Still(TDTESS) with Chee Hoe, Pui Yee and Kah Meng. I must say, the trailer looked more interesting than the movie itself. While I have no problem with the movie's pacing, the actions leave me asking for more. And the ending. What a crappy ending.


And another thing I want to point out is how unrealistically beautiful Dr. Helen Benson is for an astrobiologist. Come on, if my Statistic lecturer was this pretty, I WOULDN'T skip her class no matter how unproductive and pointless her lectures are. I must said, Jennifer Connelly enjoyed playing either scientist or scientist's wife. She was Bruce Banner's scientist lover(what's her name?) in Ang Lee's 'The Hulk', portrayed John Nash's wife in 'A Beautiful Mind', as Dr. Helen in TDTESS, and as Charles Darwin's wife in the upcoming movie, 'Creation'. She does look like one, though.

After the movie, I went to have lunch at Food and Tea. I ordered Cheese Baked Rice with Fish Fillet. Quite tasteless but very filling.

No comments: